New York Rangers News: Michael Del Zotto Had Surgery

Greg Fiume

Michael Del Zotto tweeted out this morning that he had underwent successful surgery for an unknown injury.

According to a tweet that was sent out on his official Twitter account, Michael Del Zotto underwent surgery earlier this morning for an unknown reason. Del Zotto didn't meet with the media during the Rangers official breakup day, and there wasn't any immediate concerns surrounding his health. At the end of the 2011 season, Del Zotto underwent successful sports-hernia surgery, but the Rangers only put out an official release a few days after the procedure was completed.

Some injuries seem to fly under the radar, even after the season has concluded. We saw that with Ryan Callahan and Carl Hagelin earlier on in the summer, as they both had surgery to repair torn labrum's in their shoulder. The expected time table for their return is anywhere between four-to-six months.

As with any other injury update, I'd expect the Rangers to put out a press release pretty soon, regarding the status of Del Zotto's injury. Again, there were no clear signs that he was playing through anything serious, so it will be interesting to see what actually happened.

Thoughts?

SB Nation Featured Video