Breaking News: Alain Vigneault Is The New Head Coach of The New York Rangers

Bruce Bennett

Alain Vigneault is currently working out the contract details in order to become the next head coach of the New York Rangers.

According to Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News, Alain Vigneault is currently signing off on his contract which will make him the new head coach of the New York Rangers. Vigneault has been linked to the Rangers ever since the position became available earlier on in the month, and it appears that he will officially take over the position. Everything seemed to move along rather quickly after Vigneault visited New York City yesterday afternoon, where James Dolan apparently closed the deal.

As soon as Vigneault took himself out of the race for the Dallas Stars head coaching position late last night, he became a virtual lock for the New York Rangers. From the start, Vigneault was the right choice for the Rangers moving forward, and they will finally have a system that could benefit them greatly. When Sather locks his sights on someone that he wants, he will do anything in his power to get his way. As much as everyone despises James Dolan, big props to him for stepping in, and essentially closing the deal.

The Alain Vigneault era has officially begun on Broadway. The next step in the process is to see who he brings along to fill his staff.

Thoughts?