2013 NHL Award Winners

Looks to me like Bob is hooked up to some of the same machines Wolverine was hooked up into in the Weapon X program. CONSPIRACY. - Kirk Irwin

So... many... trophies...

Today the winners of the 2013 NHL Awards were announced. Unfortunately New York Rangers goaltender Henrik Lundqvist did not nab his second straight Vezina Trophy. Hank was the only Ranger who was a finalist for any of the awards this year.

In my opinion there are a few surprises this year and one or two winners that are almost even controversial but that could just be me. With that said let's jump into it and see this year's award winners.

(Information and descriptions of the trophies/awards from NHL.com.)

CALDER MEMORIAL TROPHY

The Calder Memorial Trophy is an annual award given to the player selected as the most proficient in his first year of competition in the National Hockey League. The winner is selected in a poll of the Professional Hockey Writers' Association at the end of the regular season and each individual voter ranks their top five candidates on a 10-7-5-3-1 points system. Three finalists are named and the trophy is awarded at the NHL Awards ceremony after the playoffs.

Finalists: Jonathan Huberdeau, Brandon Saad, Brendan Gallagher

Winner: Jonathan Huberdeau

TED LINDSAY AWARD

The Ted Lindsay Award is presented annually to the "most outstanding player" in the NHL as voted by fellow members of the National Hockey League Players' Association

Finalists: Sidney Crosby, Alex Ovechkin, Martin St. Louis

Winner: Sidney Crosby

VEZINA TROPHY

The Vezina Trophy is an annual award given to the goalkeeper adjudged to be the best at this position as voted by the general managers of all NHL clubs.

Finalists: Henrik Lundqvist, Sergei Bobrovsky, Antti Niemi

Winner: Sergei Bobrovsky

JAMES NORRIS MEMORIAL TROPHY

The James Norris Memorial Trophy is an annual award given to the defense player who demonstrates throughout the season the greatest all-round ability in the position. The winner is selected in a poll of the Professional Hockey Writers' Association at the end of the regular season.

Finalists: P.K. Subban, Ryan Suter, Kris Letang

Winner: P.K. Subban

HART MEMORIAL TROPHY

The Hart Memorial Trophy is an annual award given to the player judged to be the most valuable to his team. The winner is selected in a poll of the Professional Hockey Writers' Association in all NHL cities at the end of the regular season

Finalists: Alex Ovechkin, Sidney Crosby, John Tavares

Winner: Alex Ovechkin

FRANK J. SELKE TROPHY

The Frank J. Selke Trophy is an annual award given to the forward who best excels in the defensive aspects of the game.

Finalists: Jonathan Toews, Patrice Bergeron, Pavel Datsyuk

Winner: Jonathan Toews

JACK ADAMS AWARD

The Jack Adams Award is an annual award presented by the National Hockey League Broadcasters' Association to the NHL coach judged to have contributed the most to his team's success.

Finalists: Paul MacLean (OTT), Joel Quenneville (CHI), Bruce Boudreau (ANA)

Winner: Paul MacLean

GENERAL MANAGER OF THE YEAR

An annual award presented to recognize the work of the league’s general managers, voting for this new award is conducted among the 30 club general managers and a panel of NHL executives, print and broadcast media at the conclusion of the regular season.

Finalists: Ray Shero (PIT), Marc Bergevin (MTL), Bob Murray (ANA)

Winner: Ray Shero

LADY BYNG MEMORIAL TROPHY

The Lady Byng Memorial Trophy is an annual award given to the player adjudged to have exhibited the best type of sportsmanship and gentlemanly conduct combined with a high standard of playing ability.

Finalists: Martin St. Louis, Patrick Kane, Matt Moulson

Winner: Martin St. Louis

NHL FOUNDATION PLAYER AWARD

The NHL Foundation Player Award is awarded annually to the National Hockey League (NHL) player "who applies the core values of (ice) hockey—commitment, perseverance and teamwork—to enrich the lives of people in his community".

Winner: Henrik Zetterberg

KING CLANCY MEMORIAL TROPHY

The King Clancy Memorial Trophy is an annual award given to the player who best exemplifies leadership qualities on and off the ice and has made a noteworthy humanitarian contribution in his community.

Winner: Patrice Bergeron

BILL MASTERTON MEMORIAL TROPHY

The Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy is an annual award under the trusteeship of the Professional Hockey Writers' Association and is given to the National Hockey League player who best exemplifies the qualities of perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to hockey.

Finalists: Josh Harding, Sidney Crosby, Adam McQuaid

Winner: Josh Harding

BRIDGESTONE MESSIER LEADERSHIP AWARD

The Mark Messier NHL Leadership Award presented by Bridgestone has been awarded since 2006-07 and is awarded "to the player who exemplifies great leadership qualities to his team, on and off the ice during the regular season."

Finalists: Daniel Alfredsson, Dustin Brown, Jonathan Toews

Winner: Daniel Alfredsson

MAURICE RICHARD TROPHY

The Maurice Richard Trophy is an annual award given to the National Hockey League's top goal scorer by the NHL Board of Governors. The winner(s) are determined based on regular-season play.

Winner: Alex Ovechkin 32 goals

Second Place: Steven Stamkos 29 goals

Third Place: John Tavares 28 goals

ART ROSS TROPHY

The Art Ross Trophy is an annual award given to the player who leads the National Hockey League in scoring points at the end of the regular season.

Winner: Martin St. Louis

WILLIAM M. JENNINGS TROPHY

The William M. Jennings Trophy is an annual award given to the goalkeeper(s) having played a minimum of 25 games for the team with the fewest goals scored against it. Winners are selected based on regular-season play.

Winner(s): Ray Emery and Corey Crawford of the Chicago Blackhawks

Well guys and gals, those are this years winners! What do you guys think? Are the right people bringing home something to put on the fireplace or is there room for some debate? How amazing is the Josh Harding story? Let me know what you think in the comments section.

Let's go Rangers.

Note: I am sure we are going to take a more in-depth look at why Hank didn't (or maybe should have) won the Vezina at some point but for now I just wanted to give you guys a place to discuss the award winners.