SCF Open Thread: GAME THREE

Jonathan Daniel

Shipping up to Boston, WOAH.

Two games down, both games have gone to overtime, and the series is knotted up 1-1 and the teams are shipping up to Boston (I am going to see how many times I can reference the Dropkick Murphys song). Daniel Paille climbed up the top sails in overtime and gave the Bruins the edge they needed over the Blackhawks in Game Two of the 2013 Stanley Cup Finals.

Thus far this series has been physical, it has been exciting, it has been entertaining, and it has been fantastic playoff hockey. I can only hope we find our wooden legs and even more great hockey in Boston for Game Three.

Not going to lie to you guys I thought I'd have more lyrics to work with but I just looked at the lyrics to "Shipping Up to Boston" and there are literally six lines of lyrics that are just repeated over and over... I'll find a way to work a few more references in though. Maybe.

I don't think either team is going to be able to casually sail through tonight's game because so far we have seen intense hockey from both teams. I expect this ship to stay it's course and for the games to remain tight and entertaining though that probably isn't good news for the hearts of Blackhawks and Bruins fans. I'm just trying too hard with the song references now, aren't I? Joe is going to fire me.

So, who do you have pegged down to win tonight's game (Eh? Eh?!)? I predict Chicago will surprise the Bruins and take Game Three. I also predict that this series will go to seven games based on what we have seen so far. The Bruins might be motivated by Game Two's big overtime win and try to use that momentum to build on their home ice advantage in Games Three and Four but the Blackhawks, for my money, are/were the best team in hockey this season and aren't going to be easy to beat, even at home... in Boston... where we are all shipping up to...

WOAH OH OH!!!

Okay, I'm done. Enjoy the game tonight guys and girls.

To follow the action and catch up on developing stories check out the two outstanding SB Nation blogs that cover the teams in the finals.

The Stanley Cup of Chowder covering the Boston Bruins.

Second City Hockey covering the Chicago Blackhawks.

Remember to enjoy the game, be civil and respectful to one another, and please observe the Community Guidelines.