Mats Zuccarello's Agent: "Mats will be playing in the NHL for the New York Rangers"

Bruce Bennett

Zuccarello expected to return.

Mats Zuccarello's agent Erik Ryman says the Norwegian forward will remain with the New York Rangers on a multi-year deal this summer.

Ryman recently spoke to Verdens Gang, a Norwegian news website, regarding Zuccarello's future in New York. Though he couldn't offer a specific timeline as to when both parties will formalise an agreement, his agent says a deal will be done.

"Only details remain and I think it will resolve itself. It might be as early as next Thursday before the NHL draft, but regardless of when it will happen, it will happen."

Ryman continued; "Mats will be playing in the NHL for the New York Rangers. He is in a good position and they are very happy with what he has achieved since he came back."

According to Ryman, Zuccarello will re-sign for two or three years.

Verdens Gang also make quick reference to the expected change in playing style under new Rangers coach Alain Vigneult, suggesting that Zuccarello will thrive in a puck possession system.

Hard to disagree, really.