New York Rangers News: Brad Richards Still Uncertain About His Future

Debby Wong-USA TODAY Sports

Brad Richards hasn't heard anything from the New York Rangers regarding his future, and whether they will use their last compliance buyout on him.

The compliance buyout window is slowly drawing close, and Brad Richards' future with the New York Rangers is still up in the air. Earlier this afternoon, Richards told Larry Brooks of the NY Post that he still has yet to hear anything from the Rangers, and is still unsure if they will use their last compliance buyout on him. Richards has been linked to a buyout after struggling for a better part of the regular season, and closing out his 2013 season as a healthy scratch.

With Alain Vigneault now under contract with the Rangers, there have been rumors floating around that Richards could possibly remain with the team for at least another year. This will give Vigneault a chance to push the right buttons, and potentially get Richards back on the right track. Vigneault is also big on zone matching, which will give Richards every opportunity to succeed in the offensive zone. Of course, this all depends if the Rangers do, in fact, choose to keep Richards with the team.

With that said, things will start to get interesting over the next few days as teams prepare their upcoming buyouts, and gear up for the NHL draft on June 30. For right now though, Brad Richards is still a member of the New York Rangers.

Thoughts?