FanPost

Richards' Fate

I know business-wise it makes all the sense in the world to buyout Brad Richards. However, I don't buy into the "off with his head" mentality that many sports writers and Ranger fans have subscribed to. Lets turn the clocks back a year, Playoffs 2011-2012 NYR v NJD in the Eastern Conference Finals, who's at the top of the point sheet? Number 19. 15 points in 20 games plus a stellar opening year on Broadway. Unlike some new comer superstars like number 61. (But I'm sure he'll earn his keep next season) Last year, *a full 82 game season may I remind you* Richie finished an Ironman playing in every game, finishing 2nd in points with 25 goals and 41 assists. This years locked out 48 game season was a wash of a season and will always have an asterisk next to it (sorry Blackhawks) so I wouldn't put too much weight in that it was Brad Richards final performance. I think they keep Richie, and if used correctly by Vigneault, good things with happen in the Garden. And if not, then "OFF WITH HIS HEAD" and buy him out next summer.