2013 NHL Draft: New York Rangers Select Adam Tambellini

T - Charles LeClaire-US PRESSWIRE

The Rangers have picked Tambellini. We don't have a picture of him so enjoy this one of his brother, Jeff.

The New York Rangers made Adam Tambellini their first pick in the 2013 NHL Draft.

If you want to see his Elite Prospects page please look here. He's put up more than a point per game in his three years in the BCHL and he's expected to go to the University of North Dakota next season. Here is a writeup on his from Hockey's Future:

2012-13: Tambellini finished the season with BCHL champion Surrey after being obtained in January in a trade deadline deal with Vernon. He was the Vipers' leading scorer at the time of the trade - scoring 22 goals with 17 assists in 36 games - and had 14 goals and 13 assists in 16 regular season games with Surrey. He led the Eagles with 10 goals in 17 playoff games and had 8 assists with 6 penalty minutes. Surrey beat the defending champion Penticton Vees in six games in the BCHL finals. Ranked 62nd amongst North American skaters in Central Scouting's mid-term rankings, Tambellini was ranked 42nd in the final rankings prior to the 2013 NHL Draft.

The Rangers have never been afraid to go after size, and Tambellini seems like a guy that fits that mold. We'll have more on all these guys tomorrow.

For now, thoughts guys?