New York Rangers News: Rangers Re-Sign Carl Hagelin

USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers have agreed to terms with Carl Hagelin.

The New York Rangers have announced that they've agreed to a new contract with RFA Carl Hagelin. Hagelin played in 48 regular season games last year scoring 10 goals and adding 14 assists for 24 points. He also scored six points (three goals) in 12 playoff games, which was good for third on the team.

Hagelin was one of four RFAs left unsigned after Ryan McDonagh agreed to a six-year deal with the Rangers on Monday. I'm a little surprised that Hagelin was signed before Stepan, but Hagelin was still a very important piece to the puzzle as well. Now the Rangers have Derek Stepan, Mats Zuccarello and Justin Falk left to sign.

It should be noted, however, that the Rangers have kept these moves so quiet they've been breaking the news themselves so we really don't know how far along the team is with the remaining RFAs.

As of right now the contract details have not been released, but we'll have those for you as soon as they're available. For now, you have to feel good that the Rangers are taking care of their own.