FanPost

Long absence but Im back

@mikeday88

Hey guys, not sure many will remember me here but im a diehard Rangers fan that lives in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Yes I know a Rangers fan in Canada is unheard of haha.

The past year has been ridiculous for me, being here in Halifax with Moosehead season tickets for the last couple years. You may know a couple of the players ive watched over that time (MacKinnon, Drouin, Fucale). But enough about the Mooseheads, I wanna talk about the new Ranger prospects that I will get to see this year.

Ryan Graves- His hometown is about 3 hours from me and he plays for the Charlottetown Islanders, he is just a solid big D-man. In a league that is known all for its finesse and high scoring, he is one of few true stay at home d-men. He is nothing fancy but he is a solid shutdown guy, a true Ranger type.

Anthony Duclair- I have followed him since he was 15 in the Canada Games, coming out of the Canada games I said the top 3 guys in the QMJHL draft that year would go in this order MacKinnon, Drouin, Duclair. Drouin and Duclair were on the same line in the Canada games and at 15 these guys looked like NHLers playing against well.... 15 year olds. Going into the Q Draft Duclair said he was considering going to through the NCAA ranks, Mackinnon and Drouin went 1 and 2 like expected, Duclair was not picked in the first two rounds. Arch rival to the Mooseheads, Quebec Remparts took a chance on Duclair in the third round hoping they could persuade him to report. Patrick Roy owner and then coach of the Remparts pitched to Duclair that he would get top 6 minutes to play with Mikhail Grigorenko and Adam Erne (2nd rounder this year), needless to say thats all Duclair needed to hear. He reported and played the game as a 16 and 17 year old on another level. Being pushed by Roy shift after shift showing that he could be thrown out in any situation.

So now I really cant wait for the Q league starts so I get to see Graves and Duclair in action.

Im gonna try and write some more if I get some interest and feel free to follow me on twitter @mikeday88