FanPost

November 30th, 2013

This November Thirtieth in the Year of Our Lord, Two-Thousand and Thirteen, we Ranger fans will bear witness to the Return of John Robert Tortorella to Madison Sqaure Garden, and I couldn't be more excited about it. By this time, the Rangers will have already whooped Torts and the Canucks at Vancouver, in front of those pesky "Green-Men", in a pre-season matchup. I for one will be welcoming Torts back to The Garden, while many will be booing the hell out of him in an attempt to get that famous-Boston-temper flaring. We've had our fair share of that blood-boiling angst on Broadway, so I'm excited to see how that attitude flys in Vancouver. Who knows, maybe moving out West, Tortorella will calm the hell down and take the anger down a notch or two. Also, very interested to see how he fares with that volatile and turbulent Vancouver community who gave Canadians a bad name everywhere with their fantastic riot when they lost to the Bruins in the Cup. Another point of interest and intrigue, will be how the players adjust to the fiery Torts. I want to see how the Twins (Daniel Sedin, and Henrik Sedin) respond to a severe tongue lashing from their new bench boss. Same goes for troubled goaltender, Roberto Luongo. Luongo is no Henrik Lundqvist, that much we know. So we shall see how this former Vezina finalist can deal with Johnny Boy. However, I think Tortorella has the POTENTIAL to be a great coach in Vancouver just like he had the potential to be the next great Rnager coach when he replaced Tom Renney all those years ago. I'm pulling for Torts, definitely not on November 30th, but for a good season and maybe a "reputation enhancing" experience with the Canucks. Hopefully his act doesn't "wear thin" with the players so quickly in Vancouver as it did in New York . So on November 30th, 2013 will we see same old rough and tumble John Tortorella, or will we see a new West Coast John who still has the fire but a little more of a leash? Either way I'll be welcoming him back and be excited to see what he's got in store for our boys. Hopefully not too much so it will be any easy win for the Blueshirts!