FanShot

Chemistry issues

+

Sather trades are usually good, the Gomez one was historically great, while the Gaborik one was a real head scratcher. Although the one I address in this shot is somewhere in the middle. The Nash trade. It was thus far is what I thought it would be...a flashy move with no pay off. Look at our patterns through the years: Jagr has great chemistry with Nylander and Straka. So Rangers sign Drury and Gomez. Let go of Jagr and roll with the new speedy grinders in Dubi and Cally. Then Drury's bought out. Then trade for Zherdev, giving up on Tyutin. Cally and Dubi are locked down and Gomez is traded...yay Gaborik is signed. Richards is signed. Dubi is traded with AA for Nash. Gaborik is traded for pieces??? See the thing about this organization is they dont understand which direction to move in. I'm okay with the Gaborik trade more than the Nash trade because of the intangibles. IF we never make that move and kept the same team that lost to the Devils in the playoffs we give ourselves a shot at the Cup again. but instead Prust, Dubi, and AA are moved and the chemistry falls apart. Now lets say that we make the Gaborik trade and the Nash trade was never made. We would roll out Brassard, Stepan, Richards, Dubinsky, Callahan, Hagelin, Prust, Krieder, Anisimov, Boyle, Clowe and Zucc. I mean yeah this is all speculative but...This team would have gone further than last years squad and wouldn't have bent over to Boston.