New York Rangers News: Rangers Sign Dominic Moore To A One-Year Deal

Jerome Miron-US PRESSWIRE

The New York Rangers have come to terms with Dominic Moore on a one-year contract.

According to Katie Strang of ESPN New York, the New York Rangers have signed Dominic Moore to a one-year, $1 million dollar contract. The Rangers weren't expected to do much of anything today, but they were interested in signing some bottom-six depth. Moore gives them exactly that, and would round out the Rangers fourth line, as well as their penalty kill.

Moore would likely fill in for Darroll Powe, who was waived just 24-hours ago by the Rangers, and has likely played his last game as a New York Ranger. The Rangers have apparently been interested in Moore ever since the lockout had ended, but with the recent passing of his wife Moore was hesitant to return, and for good reason.

With Moore now in the mix, it leaves us wondering where Brian Boyle remains in this equation, as Moore will likely slot in as the fourth line center. Boyle could migrate over to one of the bottom-six wing positions as he did last season, but that still remains to be seen at this point.

We'll have more analysis on this later, but hey, a signing! Thoughts?