New York Rangers News: Rangers Come to Terms With Aaron Johnson

USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers have come to terms with Aaron Johnson on a one-year $600,000 contract.

With their second signing of the afternoon, the New York Rangers have officially signed Aaron Johnson to a one-year, $600,000 contract. This was nothing more than a depth signing, as the Rangers are slowly rounding out their roster heading into next season. The Rangers started to address their defensive depth earlier last week as they traded for both Justin Falk and Danny Syvret.

Johnston last saw time with the Boston Bruins during last sesason and previously, with the Columbus Blue Jackets during the 2011-2012 season. With the Blue Jackets he appeared in 56 games while totaling 3 goals, and 13 assists during that time. He also played in ten games with the Stanley Cup Finalist Bruins where he wasn't able tor register a single point.

It's also worth pointing out that Johnson is apparently a very good friend of Rick Nash, as they spent time together in Columbus. Man, the Rangers sure like those ex-Columbus Blue Jackets, don't they?

Thoughts?