Here is your Saturday Morning "In the Division: Link Round-Up" open thread. I am not sure if this will become a regular segment we do here at the Banter but I wanted to give it a shot and see how you guys like it. Most of these stories are a few days old but all of them are worth discussion and your attention. Have any stuff from inside (or outside) of the division you want to talk about? Share it in the comments.
- Japer's Rink takes a look at the top ten blueliners in the Metropolitan Division. A great read and you'll be pleased to see two Rangers on the list. | J.P. from Japer's also answered some questions on twitter regarding the team and the best and worst Caps jerseys over the years.
- Broad Street Hockey: Flyers' Captain Claude Giroux needed surgery on a broken hand but should be ready for the start of the season. | Former Ranger Ian Laperriere still struggling with concussion symptoms after leaving the game. | Why Flyers fans shouldn't be upset about the 76ers owner buying the Devils.
- The good folks over at The Cannon have written an open letter to their new Metropolitan Division friends, how sweet of them.
- The New Jersey Devils have a new owner. | Discussion thread over at ILWT.
Was Evgeni Malkin offered a contract by the Dallas Stars? Pensburgh takes a deeper look at the rumors. | Jacques Martin added to the Pittsburgh coaching staff. | Hooks Orpik analyzes the Penguins drafting of forwards under GM Ray Shero.
- Lighthouse Hockey: Nassau Coliseum to be redeveloped by man that coaxed the Isles to Brooklyn.
- Cane's Country takes a look at some questions the Canes have in their bottom six.
In the Division
Hope you all enjoy your weekend! Let me know if you guys like this kind of piece and would like to see more of it or not, it is a pretty popular thing around SB Nation and I was thinking we should give it a go at the Banter. Have at it in the comments!
Let's go Rangers.