FanPost

Some Inside Information

Hope everyone is enjoying their summer. I wanted to write a quick fanpost based on some information I came across this weekend.

I will keep it short and sweet and I would also like to make it noted that the information I obtained came from a reliable source, however I am not claiming to hold absolute information. I also, for their privacy am not revealing the name of the source due to Facebook stalking etc, that would most likely ensue.

I ran into a friend of mine that I had not seen in a while. This friend played Lacrosse and Hockey at Providence College and hosted me on my official visit when I was being recruited to play Lacrosse there. We got to talking about hockey and I found out that he had played hockey his entire life with a current New York Ranger and Massachusetts native. He told me that they we very close and speak a couple times a month to catch up. I asked if he had any information about the whole Tortorella situation and his explanation was: "By the end of the season the team had gotten fed up with Torts and his unrelenting 'My Way or the Highway' attitude. The team, by no means, stopped playing or gave up during Boston series. They did, however, stop playing for Torts. They were playing in spite of him." He also said that they players, by his account were largely responsible for Tort's departure.

I don't know how impactful this will be for everyone else, I am honestly relived to have heard this. I was not 100% sure that the players actually wanted him out or that Torts was justifiably fired. This eased my concerns.

It is my hope that everyone is not skeptical of this. I don't stand to gain anything by fabricating this story, and I hope that everyone understands my desire to keep people's names out of things. So please take this for what it is and hopefully this is a sign of good things to come under AV.