New York Rangers News: Brandon Mashinter Signs One-Year Deal With Rangers

Al Bello

Brandon Mashinter has re-signed with the New York Rangers on a one-year, two-way contract.

According to Capgeek, the New York Rangers have re-signed Brandon Mashinter to a one-year, two-way contract that carries a cap hit of $605,000 at the NHL level. Due to it being a two-way contract, he will also have an AHL salary of $75,000. Mashinter appeared in four games for the Rangers last season where he didn't register a single point, and was a -2 rating. He did give the Rangers some much needed size at the time, but didn't contribute much more than that.

Mashinter was acquired just prior to the start of the 2013 NHL season as the Rangers sent Tommy Grant to the San Jose Sharks, in a minor league swap. Following the trade to the Rangers, Mashinter burst onto the scene with the Connecticut Whale as he tallied 10 goals and nine assists in the final 35 games of the regular season.

Mashinter was the only other restricted free agent left to be signed aside from Derek Stepan, who is expected to be on deck. There hasn't been a whole lot leaked regarding the negotiations, which could be a very good sign, or a very bad sign. But at this point, we know nothing more than that.

Thoughts?