Hartford Wolf Pack Sign Defenseman Mike Marcou

Mike Stobe

The Wolf Pack have brought in another defenseman.

Quick note: First version of this story went up incorrect. Putting up a second version here.

According to the Hartford Wolf Pack's team site, the team has agreed to an AHL contract with defenseman Mike Marcou. From the story:

Marcou, a 5-11, 180-pound native of Kings Park, NY, played 54 games this past season with the Wolf Pack's ECHL affiliate, the Greenville Road Warriors. The 23-year-old Marcou led all Greenville defensemen in points, goals and assists, with a stat line of 6-19-25, and was +19, which was good for second-best on the Road Warrior club and fourth-best among ECHL rookies. Marcou was tabbed as a starter for the January 23 ECHL All-Star Game in Loveland, CO, and was +1 for the ECHL All-Stars in a 7-3 win over the Colorado All-Stars.

Marcou also skated in two AHL games in 2012-13 for the San Antonio Rampage, going +2 with four shots on goal in those two contests.

A quick note on this contract: Since this is an AHL contract, it doesn't count against the 50-contract limit (stick salute to Dave, BlueSeatBlogs). So the Rangers are still at 49 contracts (including Derek Stepan).

Gordie Clark talked about adding defensive depth before the draft, and he's lived up to that so far.

Thoughts?