August Is Over. That's Good for Hockey Fans.

Andy Marlin

Thank goodness August is over.

There isn't much I can say about August. Actually, there is much any hockey fans can say about August. Nothing happened.

Sure, there were some things that could have happened.

Henrik Lundqvist could have signed an extension. The New York Rangers and Derek Stepan could have agreed to a new contract.

But notice the key word in the above: "could." What did happen. Nothing.

Thankfully August is over, however, and we can all hope hockey news will follow. September brings with it true hockey situations. Training camp begins soon, then we'll get to argue about player battles, see who makes the team out of camp and get our first look at Alain Vigneault in the preseason. Oh yeah, there's also preseason hockey.

Anyway, let's open up the floor to you guys (there really haven't been any comments on the site recently): What is your favorite part of September? Are you looking forward to camp? Preseason? Positional battles?

Let us know!