New York Rangers Training Camp: Johan Hedberg Invited On A PTO

USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers have invited Johan Hedberg to training camp while Marty Biron attends to a personal matter.

According to Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News, the New York Rangers have invited Johan Hedberg to training camp on a professional tryout, while Martin Biron attends to a personal matter back at home. There was no immediate update on what the issue was, but it does sound like a lengthy absence is a strong possibility.

However, reports from Katie Strang suggest that Biron could return to camp as early as tomorrow morning, which makes the situation even more of a mystery. The Rangers have been set in goal for the last several seasons, so to see this little shake up is kind of surprising to say the least. There is likely something else going on behind the scenes that isn't being brought to the table.

Either way, Hedberg will be with the Rangers for the duration of training camp, and we'll see where it takes them.

Hedberg last played for the New Jersey Devils, where he posted a record of 6-10-3 record alongside a .883 save percentage. He was bought out shortly before the Devils acquired Corey Schneider from the Vancouver Canucks during the 2013 NHL Draft.

Thoughts?