Rangers Vs. Devils: Rangers Open The Preseason In New Jersey

Andy Marlin

This is your first open game thread of the year!

The New York Rangers open their preseason in New Jersey as the Rangers take on the New Jersey Devils tonight.

The Rangers made 14 cuts on Sunday, which you can see here, and the lineup for tonight's game is below:

Forwards:
Arron Asham, Brian Boyle, Ryan Bourque, Marek Hrivik, Chris Kreider, Danny Kristo, Brandon Mashinter, Dominic Moore, Rick Nash, Shawn O'Donnell, Darroll Powe, Brad Richards.

Defense:
Marc Staal, John Moore, Justin Falk, Aaron Johnson, Michael Del Zotto, Stu Bicke/Dylan McIlrath.

Goalies:
Henrik Lundqvist, Cam Talbot.

Alain Vigneault has already confirmed Lundqvist would play the first half of the game, with Talbot coming in for the second half of the action.

There are a few big names on that list who are expected to make the team (think Nash, Richards, Staal, Moore, Del Zotto, etc.) but there are some interesting players to keep an eye on. Players like Kristo, Hirvik, McIlrath and Bourque will probably have a lot of eyes on them as they take the ice.

Anyway, use this as your open game thread for tonight.

Let's go Rangers!