Rangers Vs. Devils Preview: It's Finally Here

USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers will open up their preseason tonight against the New Jersey Devils, starting at 7:00 PM.

It's finally here. The New York Rangers will open up their 2013-2014 preseason schedule with a meeting against the New Jersey Devils tonight in Newark. After five days of hard work in training camp, the Rangers will lay it all out on the line as they prepare for the upcoming regular season.

VS. Njd

New York Rangers (0-0-0) vs New Jersey Devils(0-0-0)
Prudential Center - Newark, NJ - 7:00 PM
Television: MSG | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7
Opponent's Blog: In Lou We Trust | Tickets: New York Rangers Tickets

  • If you check out the projected lineup below, you'll see that Chris Kreider will be slotting into left wing on the top line tonight. Alain Vigneault acknowledged what type of player Kreider can be, and he's giving him every possible opportunity in order to succeed. It's nice to see the kid finally get a legit shot.
  • It's also worth pointing out the amount of confidence that AV has in Brad Richards. He's sending him out as the top line center tonight, which could give him the type of confidence boost he's been needing. Last year was miserable, and even Richards knows that. Hopefully he makes the most of these opportunities, and makes everyone forget about last year.
  • Henrik Lundqvist will be starting the first half of tonight's game, followed by Cam Talbot finishing out the final period and a half. I'm interested to see how Talbot plays, seeing as he will most likely be the Rangers backup starting next year.
  • Stu Bickel was questionable for tonight's game due to a lingering back issue, but it appears as if he's ready to go. Dylan McIlrath will still be on reserve just in case any unforeseen issues resurface prior to the puck drop.

Projected Lineup:

Chris Kreider - Brad Richards - Rick Nash
Marek Hrivik - Brian Boyle - Danny Kristo
Brandon Mashinter - Dominic Moore - Shawn O'Donnell
Ryan Bourque - Darroll Powe - Arron Asham

Marc Staal - Michael Del Zotto
John Moore - Stu Bickel/Dylan McIlrath
Justin Falk - Aaron Johnson

Henrik Lundqvist