FanPost

A Visitor in Madison Square Garden

Hello Ranger Nation. I'm a Raleigh resident and fan of the Carolina Hurricanes. My 6 year old son plays mite hockey, and is obsessed with the game, as am I. For his birthday trip to NY, wants to go to the 11/2 Rangers v. Hurricanes game at MSG. We're going, but he also wants to wear our Canes gear. My question to those of you who are reasonable (and I believe that to be most of you based on what I've read here) - is that a bad idea in MSG the way it would be in Philly? I can take care of myself, but I don't want my son's impression of New York to be the drunk guy who cursed at him and poured beer on him. I also would hate him to see me arrested, so there's that.

Anyway, those of you who have been in the 200 level of MSG for a game, understanding there's no way in hell we become Ranger fans for the night, am I taking a stupid risk with my 6 year old if we wear Canes gear to MSG?

Thanks.

A Canes fan who needs a new name on here after the trade of Jussi Jokinen to Pittsburgh.