Rangers Vs. Flames Preview: Western Road Trip Kicks Off Tonight In Calgary

Lou Capozzola

The New York Rangers will kick off their western road trip tonight in a meeting with the Calgary Flames at the Scotiabank Saddledome.

The New York Rangers will head into Calgary tonight for their first game of the western road trip. The Rangers have been training up in Banff, Alberta for the last seven days, were they had some team bonding experiences. Tonight will be their first game in almost a week, and I'm sure everyone is raring to get back to business.

Alain Vigneault will be going with a very similar lineup to what we saw in the first game against the New Jersey Devils, with the top line of Rick Nash, Chris Kreider, and Brad Richards. Danny Kristo will be bumped up to the second line wing, while Jesper Fast will be paired with Marek Hrivik and Brian Boyle. Henrik Lundqvist is expected to go the length of tonight's game with Cam Talbot riding the bench as the back up.

Calgary's lineup can be found below as well.

VS. Cal

New York Rangers (1-1-0) vs Calgary Flames (3-2-0)
Scotiabank Saddledome - Calgary, AB - 9:00 PM
Television: MSG | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7
Opponent's Blog: Matchsticks and Gasoline | Tickets: New York Rangers Tickets

Rangers Projected Lineup:

Chris Kreider - Brad Richards - Rick Nash
Taylor Pyatt - Oscar Lindberg - Danny Kristo
Marek Hrivik - Brian Boyle - Jesper Fast
Brandon Mashinter - Darroll Powe - Arron Asham

Marc Staal - Michael Del Zotto
Anton Stralman - John Moore
Stu Bickel - Justin Falk

Henrik Lundqvist
Cam Talbot

Flames Projected Lineup:

Curtis Glencross - Matt Stajan - Lee Stempniak
T.J. Galiardi - Sean Monahan - Max Reinhart
Michael Ferland - Mikael Backlund - Corban Knight
Lance Bouma - Roman Horak - Brian McGrattan

Kris Russell - Dennis Wideman
Mark Giordano - TJ Brennan
Derek Smith - Shane O'Brien

Karri Ramo