Rangers Vs. Oilers Preview: Rangers Look to Rebound After Loss To Flames

Paul Bereswill

The New York Rangers will continue their western road trip tonight as they take on the Edmonton Oilers at Rexall Place, starting at 9:00 PM.

After falling to the Calgary Flames last night by a score of 4-1, the New York Rangers will be looking to rebound as their preseason is quickly coming to a close. Alain Vigneault will go with a combination of last night's lineup, and some players from last Monday's game against the Philadelphia Flyers.

J.T. Miller will be making his preseason debut tonight, and will be paired with Chris Kreider and Arron Asham. Asham had a pretty solid game last night, and created some decent scoring chances with the fourth line, so it's nice to see him being rewarded with a spot tonight.

Danny Kristo, Oscar Lindberg, and Marek Hrivik will all be getting another look tonight as well, as those three are in strong contention for one or two of the available roster spots. Martin Biron will be getting the start in goal tonight, and is expected to play out the full game, as he has essentially locked up the backup position.

VS. Edm

New York Rangers (1-2-0) vs Edmonton Oilers (4-1-1)
Rexall Place - Edmonton, AB - 9:00 PM
Television: MSG | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7
Opponent's Blog: The Copper & Blue | Tickets: New York Rangers Tickets

Rangers Projected Lineup:

Benoit PouliotDerick BrassardMats Zuccarello
Chris Kreider - J.T. Miller - Arron Asham
Marek Hrivik - Oscar Lindberg - Danny Kristo
Micheal Haley - Dominic Moore - Derek Dorsett

Ryan McDonaghDan Girardi
Marc Staal - Conor Allen
Aaron Johnson - Tommy Hughes

Martin Biron