Danny Kristo And Oscar Lindberg Shining At Traverse City

Harry How

The bigger prospects are shining at Traverse City.

There are three players the New York Rangers were expecting to play very well at Traverse City this year. Danny Kristo, Oscar Lindberg and Jesper Fast. The reason? Experience. Kristo has four years of NCAA experience under his belt (and nine AHL games) while both Lindberg and Fast have two plus years of professional hockey in Sweden under theirs. That's a lot of experience for guys playing in a prospects tournament, so it's not unreasonable to expect them to succeed.

Well, they have.

Kristo has a goal and four assists. Lindberg has four goals. Fast has been playing really well even if he doesn't have the same numbers Kristo and Lindberg do. Now, it's important to note that while the numbers are fantastic and it's fun to get excited about these guys, they're basically on a different level. They should be playing well. And they are.

All three want to make a big impact in Traverse City. They're all going to be fighting for a role with the big club out of camp. So building momentum during this tournament as they move into training camp is a big deal. Obviously there will be a lot more said of their performances during camp and preseason games, but this is a big first step.

The Baby Rangers have dropped both of their games, and play again today against the Baby Blue Jackets.

We'll have more after that game. For now, thoughts?