2013 Traverse City: Oscar Lindberg Continues To Impress Despite 4-2 Loss

Martin Rose

The New York Rangers dropped their third straight game at the Traverse City Prospect tournament, this time being a 4-2 loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets.

The New York Rangers haven't been doing as well as they would have liked in this tournament, but there are many positives to take away from it. Oscar Lindberg is on an absolute tear right now, and has totaled five goals over his last three games, including another goal in the 4-2 loss against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Danny Kristo is also proving his worth to the Rangers brass, as he continues to put his talents on full display, and could make a serious push for a roster spot during training camp.

As it has been throughout the tournament, the Rangers found themselves in a pretty big 3-0 hole to start out the first period. Ryan Murray, Austin Madaisky, and Oliver Bjorkstrand all tallied goalies for the Blue Jackets, as the Rangers attempted to claw their way back into the game. The Rangers finally got on the board at 12:37 of the second period, with a goal coming from Oscar Lindberg, while Danny Kristo picked up his fourth assist of the tournament.

Josh Nicholls was the only other goal scorer for the Rangers, as he cut the lead to 4-2 at the 13:31 mark of the third period. Mackenzie Skapski, the Rangers 2013 6th-round draft pick, turned aside 31 saves in the loss, and has posted an 0-2 record thus far.

The Rangers will be finishing off the Traverse City tournament this afternoon, as they take on the Minnesota Wild at 3:30 PM.