Owning the third period; Rangers looking for momentum; Blueshirts and Flyers set to renew rivalry; Redden retires

Rick Stewart

Today's New York Rangers notes.

The Rangers are 6-2-1 in their last nine games, thanks in large to the team's continued strong performances in the third period. [Daily News]

After a banner win versus the Chicago Blackhawks, are the Rangers turning a corner? [Blueshirt Banter] [Newsday]

And after a win the likes of the team has been unable to garner all season, are the Rangers are looking to build momentum. [NY Post]

It's a few days away, but the Rangers and Flyers are set to renew their rivalry on Sunday. [ESPN NY]

A healthy Marc Staal is once again playing at a high level. [Blueshirts Blog]

An update on some Rangers prospects, who are performing quite well. [Blueshirt Banter]

Former Ranger Wade Redden retired on Thursday after a 14-season NHL career. [ESPN NY] [Rangers Rants] As much as Redden was derived during his New York career, he was an accomplished NHL defenseman who hangs up the skates with quite the resume.