Rangers Vs. Stars Preview: Rangers Need To Start Home Stand Off With A Big Game

Jerome Miron-USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers will start off their four game home stand tonight against the Dallas Stars, looking to pick up some crucial wins on home ice.

Coming off of a bit win against the defending Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks, the New York Rangers will return home to begin a four game home stand. The Rangers are just a single point out of a playoff spot, and they can start to separate themselves from the pack with a few wins at home. The Dallas Stars are currently losers of four straight coming into tonight's game, and the Rangers cannot afford to take them lightly.

Alain Vigneault will be rolling with the same lineup as the other night, which means J.T. Miller will be a healthy scratch for a second straight game. Henrik Lundqvist will get his third straight start tonight, while it's expected that Dan Ellis will start for the Dallas Stars.

The full lineup for tonight's game can be found below.

DalVS.

Dallas Stars (20-16-7) vs New York Rangers (22-20-3)
Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - 7:00 PM
Television: MSG, FS-SW+ | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7 |
Opponent's Blog: Defending Big D

Projected Lineup:

Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Rick Nash
Carl Hagelin - Brad Richards - Ryan Callahan
Benoit Pouliot - Derick Brassard - Mats Zuccarello
Brian Boyle - Dominic Moore - Daniel Carcillo

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
John Moore - Michael Del Zotto

Henrik Lundqvist
Cam Talbot

Scratches/Injuries: J.T. Miller (healthy), Justin Falk (healthy), Derek Dorsett (leg).