Rick Nash scores the game-winning goal falling down

Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports

With Friday night's game against Dallas tied, Rick Nash took matters into his own hands.

Rick Nash has all the talent in the world; no one has ever questioned that. But at times, his play for the Rangers has been inconsistent, and injuries have also caused setbacks in the all-star's New York tenure.

Friday night against the Stars, Nash showed he's still capable of scoring the world class goal, and did so in clutch fashion.

Ricknash_medium

The play began with Chris Kreider getting a shot on goal. After the puck deflected off of Kari Lehtonen's mask, Nash was able to finagle his way around Aaron Rome, and while falling down, snapped the puck inside the far post.

Nash has been playing much better of late, converting on some chances, but certainly not producing up to his own standards. This is the kind of goal though that can instill a new sense of confidence in any player.