Brassard stepping up; Lundqvist earns third star; Moore 'OK' after fight

Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sport

Today's New York Rangers notes.

The Rangers have had multiple three-game winning streaks this season, but they've all ended at three. On Tuesday night, the team gets a shot to knock off four-in-a-row for the first time this season as they play host to the Lightning. Ben Bishop is off injured reserve for Tampa Bay, and is expected back in the lineup for the Bolts. The Rangers are suddenly in the thick of the top eight in the East, and have a chance to keep climbing with another home game at Madison Square Garden. Here are your morning notes.

Derick Brassard has been effective on the power play, but not so much at even strength. But after Alain Vigneault was asked about the discrepancy in his play before the Flyers game, Brassard obliged by scoring an even-strength goal. [NY Post] [ESPN NY]

For his stellar play last week, Henrik Lundqvist was named the NHL's third star. [ESPN NY] [Newsday]

John Moore said he's fine after fighting Braden Schenn—only Moore's second career NHL fight in the regular season—and Lundqvist will start Tuesday against the Lightning. [Rangers Rants]