FanPost

My Brash Prediction For How This Season Will End

As Ranger fans, we all have to endure a long wait for our team to bring a cup to the city. We'll, I think this may be the year. I see something really good about this team that hasn't shown up on a consistent basis this season, but I think the team will be able to tap into it come playoff time. This group has all the pieces: they have decent forward depth, a very strong defensive unit (contrary to what we have seen this season, but we've seen it in the recent past), and elite goaltending from both the starter and the backup. The issue is it has rarely come together during games this season, but the few games which has, this team has been spectacular to watch. Not only that, but the majority of this team has been here the last two seasons and gained valuable playoff experience from it. This team is built for success. They just haven't put it together yet.

My prediction--and I know its too early to even know if they will make the playoffs--is that if the team does make it, they will go all the way. Yeah, win a cup. I know I sound crazy but this team has a lot more to offer that it has shown us. They've got a lot of skill, decent depth, strong defense, and the perfect type of coach who can adjust on the fly. They even have an elite, yes, elite power play this year and that is always an indicator of great things to come.

If everyone on this team ups their games to the high levels they are capable of, come playoff time, they will be absolutely unstoppable. Don't count this team out yet.

Just my two cents.