Mortgaging the future; Vigneault peeved by defensive lapse; Rangers visit Yankee Stadium

Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports

Today's New York Rangers notes

While the Rangers have picked up their play of late, turning from sellers to buyers won't help the franchise out in the long term. [NY Post]

After a defensive lapse led to the game-winning Lightning goal Monday night, Alain Vigneault voiced his displeasure with the play. [Rangers Rants]

It was first reported yesterday, but with two games this weekend, and three in four days beginning Thursday night, Cam Talbot will get another crack in goal in one of those games. [NY Post]

The games are right around the corner, and some Rangers players visited Yankee Stadium today with the Stadium Series under two weeks away.