Rangers Vs. Capitals Preview: Rangers Look For The Weekend Sweep

Bruce Bennett

The New York Rangers will take on the Washington Capitals tonight at Madison Square Garden, as they look to make it three in a row and a weekend sweep.

The New York Rangers will leap right back into action tonight as they take on the Washington Capitals, and will be in search of their third straight win. Just 24 hours ago, the Rangers defeated the Ottawa Senators by a score of 4-1, and Cam Talbot made 27 saves to earn his tenth win this season.

Tonight will be an even bigger test for the Rangers, as they look to shutdown the league leading goal scorer in Alexander Ovechkin. Henrik Lundqvist will get the start tonight for the Rangers, while Philipp Grubauer will get the start for the Capitals. Alain Vigneault will continue to roll with the same lineup as all four lines have been contributing extremely well night in and night out. The full lineup for tonight's game can be found below.

WasVS.

Washington Capitals (22-18-8) vs New York Rangers (26-21-3)
Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - 7:30 PM
Television: NBCSN, TSN2, RDS2 | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7 |
Opponent's Blog: Japers' Rink

Projected Lineup:

Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Rick Nash
Carl Hagelin - Brad Richards - Ryan Callahan
Benoit Pouliot - Derick Brassard - Mats Zuccarello
Brian Boyle - Dominic Moore - Daniel Carcillo

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
John Moore - Michael Del Zotto

Henrik Lundqvist
Cam Talbot

Scratches/Injuries: Justin Falk (healthy), Derek Dorsett (leg).