New York Rangers News: Pittsburgh Penguins Claim Taylor Pyatt Off Of Waivers

Eric Hartline-USA TODAY Sports

Just 24 hours after be placed on waivers, Taylor Pyatt is now a member of the Pittsburgh Penguins.

According to Elliotte Friedman of CBC, the Pittsburgh Penguins have claimed Taylor Pyatt off of waivers earlier this afternoon. The New York Rangers had originally placed Pyatt on waivers because they needed to free up a roster spot for Ryan Callahan, who is expected to return at some point this weekend. The Rangers are also $1.55 million dollars richer today than they were yesterday with the claim, and they have some extra wiggle room to work with in the future.

A funny little note about this move, the Rangers are actually slated to take on the Pittsburgh Penguins tomorrow night at the Consol Energy Center. Pyatt is almost guaranteed to suit up for them, and will likely have a role in the bottom-six due to a string of injuries for the Pens.

As disappointing as Pyatt was for the Rangers during his tenure, it's good to see him land another NHL job. At the same time though, I'm not going to complain about potentially lining up against Taylor Pyatt tomorrow night.

Thought's on all of this?