New York Rangers News: Anthony Duclair Signs An Entry Level Deal

Unfortunately, we don't have any updated photos of Anthony Duclair, so here's one of Cristoval Nieves - Jamie Sabau

The New York Rangers have signed Anthony Duclair to an entry level contract this afternoon.

According to an official team release, the New York Rangers have come to terms with Anthony Duclair on an entry level contract. Duclair was the Rangers third round pick during the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, and is having himself quite the season down with the Quebec Remparts of the QMJHL. In 37 games this season with the Remparts, Duclair has put up a line of 31 goals, 26 assists for 57 total points. He is on pace to set a career high in points, and has already tied a career best 31 goals which he last eclipsed during the 2011-2012 season.

Duclair has traveled through some adversity during the last year or so, which included an early season ankle injury that had him free falling down the draft rankings. While many teams weren't willing to take the risk on this kid, he is putting it all on the line this season, and is showing Gordie Clark and company that this was a tremendous selection.

It is expected that Duclair will finish out the rest of this season with the Quebec Remparts, and unless he makes the Rangers outright next season, he will remain in juniors for at least one more year. With that likely being the case, Duclair will not count against the Rangers 50-man reserve list, and his contract won't officially kick in until he makes the transition to the professional level.

We'll finish this off with a quick analysis from Hockey's Future to bring everyone up to speed with where Duclair's talent level falls.

A speedy sniper, Duclair relies on his great skating ability to create chances and has dynamic offensive talent to make the most of the opportunity. With the ability to make plays at top speed and sizzling acceleration, Duclair often only needs the slimmest of openings before he's on the attack. More of a shoot-first player, Duclair's shot is extremely accurate, but he needs to be more consistent. Furthermore, he would be well served to round out his game and add significant strength.

Thoughts?