Morning Notes: The Rick Nash edition

Adam Hunger-USA TODAY Sports

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Good morning, folks. The Rangers will be back on the ice Tuesday night as they host the Islanders. It's the third meeting of the season between the two teams, with the New York rivals splitting the first two games, with each stealing a victory in the others home arena. An interesting tidbit about the Rangers' schedule: Beginning with Sunday night's game against Washington, the Rangers will play eight straight games in New York. Even though two are listed as "away" games, they're both at Yankee Stadium. Essentially, the Rangers are in the middle of another incredibly long home stretch, and have a chance to really carve out a playoff spot. Not much to report from Monday, but here are your morning notes.

With Sochi in his sights, Rick Nash is building momentum as the Olympic tournament is only weeks away. [ESPN NY]

Some more notes from the Rangers big, 4-1 win over Metropolitan Division rival Capitals. [Rangers Rants]

John Tortorella was suspended 15 games without pay (or six games) for his actions during the Canucks-Flames games. [NHL]

The Rangers love to get in on the forecheck, and that allowed Nash to score this goal against the Flyers. A video breakdown. [Blueshirt Banter]