Rangers can't finish off Isles; Nash's low minutes; Lundqvist gaining confidence

Bruce Bennett

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Some losses are tougher to swallow than others. While the Rangers of record of late has been quite good (and is still good), the team dropped a game Monday night to the rival Islanders. Here are your morning notes.

Despite leading 3-1 Monday night, the Islanders would score the game's last four—including a shorthanded tally—to complete the comeback against the Rangers. Per the norm, Rick Nash anchored the Blueshirts offense, scoring the game's first two goals. Some recaps of the action. [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [The Record] [Newsday] [Blueshirts United]

While the Rangers were without an ill Henrik Lundqvist on Monday, they have no qualms calling on back Cam Talbot. [NY Post]

While his first four months on the job were met with questions, Alain Vigneault is changing the popular opinion on him. [Blueshirt Banter]

One of the best to put on the pads at the position, Mike Richter, sees more confidence in Lundqvist's improved game. [NY Post]

Nash is playing brilliantly of late, and is also playing the fewest minutes he has since his rookie season. [NY Post]

Ending the Rangers-Islanders rivalry in January was a flub on the schedule-makers part, writes Larry Brooks. [NY Post]