Del Zotto shipped to Nashville; Lundqvist healthy; The need for a right-handed defenseman

Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Good morning, all. The Rangers didn't play on Wednesday, but the team did practice, and it was a busy day for the organization. Here are your morning notes.

After weeks of trade rumors and speculation, the Rangers dealt Michael Del Zotto to the Predators on Wednesday for defenseman in Kevin Klein. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [Rangers Rants] [Newsday]

Del Zotto never developed into the building block the Rangers had hoped for, and had seen early in Del Zotto's NHL career, writes Larry Brooks. [NY Post]

In explaining the rationale behind the trade, both Glen Sather and Alain Vigneault stressed the importance of acquiring a right-handed defenseman. [Blueshirts Blog] [Rangers Rants] [Newsday]

After missing Tuesday's game due to illness, the Rangers expect Henrik Lundqvist will be back in goal Thursday against the Blues, and for both of the upcoming Stadium Series games. [ESPN NY] [Rangers Rants] [Newsday]