Rangers down Devils outdoors; Lundqvist's turnaround; Brad Richards' future

Bruce Bennett

Today's New York Rangers notes.

What a great day for New York Ranger's hockey. What looked like a game the Devils might run away with, the Rangers matched a season-high with goals (7... outdoors... there really is no explaining the Rangers' offense), and picked up a crucial two points in the Metropolitan Division. Now onto the Monday notes.

Three Stars of the Weekend

Number three: Derick Brassard His line kept clicking on Saturday, and Brassard finished with a pair of assists. His vision was on full display at Yankee Stadium.

Number two: Marc Staal A plus-4 in the Stadium Series, Staal scored a big goal at the end of the first to make it a one goal game, and later assisted on Nash's goal with a good pass to spring him in transition. It the defenseman's second multi-point game of the season, and his first goal since the opener against the Coyotes.

Number one: Mats Zuccarello He scored the game-tying and game-winning goals in the second period, and was a spark plug yet again. While both goals were easy tap-ins, Zuccarello as always played strong in transition, putting himself in great position on both

What You Missed

While there were many highlights, this goal from Derek Stepan to cap the game's scoring really put an exclamation point on the festivities.

With the pageantry and atmosphere surrounding Sunday's game, it was easy to forget that two big points were on the line in the Metropolitan Division. And after falling behind 3-1, the Rangers staged a comeback with playoff implications, scoring six straight, and downing the Devils. Some recaps. [Blueshirt Banter] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [NY Post] [The Record] [Newsday] [Blueshirts United]

From Saturday, the Rangers' outdoor practice brought back some childhood memories. [Rangers Rants]

Martin Brodeur had some choice words about the ice quality at Yankee Stadium. [ESPN NY]

As the Rangers have turned around their season, so has Henrik Lundqvist. [Blueshirt Banter]

A friendly reminder: Brad Richards must be bought out. [Blueshirt Banter]