On Wednesday night, the Rangers will become the first team in NHL history to play consecutive games outdoors. In between their Yankee Stadium games, the team took Tuesday to practice inside in preparation for yet another big game in the Metropolitan Division against the Islanders. Wednesday night's game will also mark the first of two consecutive "road" games against the Islanders, with the first being played in the Bronx, and the second in Nassau Coliseum, quite possibly the last time the rivals will meet at that venue, barring a playoff match up. Here are your morning notes.
More on trade rumblings involving Callahan, and big names across the league that could be on the move. [ESPN NY]
Entering the second leg of the New York Stadium Series, the Rangers hold an edge over the Islanders having already played in the elements. [NY Post]
- McKenzie Talks Girardi's and Callahan's Futures in NY
- More on the Stadium Series; Callahan and Zuccarello negotiating; Wednesday's forecast
- Stadium Series recap: A firsthand account of the elements, the pageantry, and the experience
- Rangers down Devils outdoors; Lundqvist's turnaround; Brad Richards' future
- Stadium Series recap: Rangers score 6 straight and rout the Devils in Yankee Stadium