Ryan Callahan and Dan Girardi's futures; Vinny Prospal retires

Kevin C. Cox

Today's New York Rangers notes.

On Wednesday night, the Rangers will become the first team in NHL history to play consecutive games outdoors. In between their Yankee Stadium games, the team took Tuesday to practice inside in preparation for yet another big game in the Metropolitan Division against the Islanders. Wednesday night's game will also mark the first of two consecutive "road" games against the Islanders, with the first being played in the Bronx, and the second in Nassau Coliseum, quite possibly the last time the rivals will meet at that venue, barring a playoff match up. Here are your morning notes.

TSN Insider Bob McKenzie talked about the potential New York futures and the contract negotiations of both Ryan Callahan and Dan Girardi. [Blueshirt Banter]

More on trade rumblings involving Callahan, and big names across the league that could be on the move. [ESPN NY]

Entering the second leg of the New York Stadium Series, the Rangers hold an edge over the Islanders having already played in the elements. [NY Post]

After a 16-year career—two of which were spent with the Rangers—Vinny Prospal is retiring from the NHL. [ESPN NY]