Lundqvist's Stadium Series mask; Rangers trio on the Olympics; Duclair signs entry-level deal

Harry How

Today's New York Rangers notes.

It's been a while since the Rangers have been in action, and easy to forget the team has won its last two games (both on the road) and won four of its past five. The Rangers have been playing well of late, and will be tested Friday night as their road trip continues into Pittsburgh to take on the East leading Penguins. Here are your morning notes.

Everyone knows Henrik Lundqvist is one of the most stylish athletes in all of sports, so it's only fitting he got a new, custom, beautiful goalie mask for the Stadium Series games. [Eye on Hockey]

He's been tearing up the QMHL all season, and on Thursday, the Rangers signed Anthony Duclair to an entry-level contract. [Blueshirt Banter] [Blueshirts Blog] [Rangers Rants]

Why Ryan McDonagh, Ryan Callahan, and Derek Stepan were chosen for Team USA Hockey. [Blueshirt Blog]

The New York Rangers American Olympic trio is eager to represent the United States. [NY Post] Also some good stuff from Callahan in there about Russia's instability, and the fear in the back of athletes minds heading into the Games.

After being waived by the Rangers, Taylor Pyatt was claimed on Thursday by the Pittsburgh Penguins. [Blueshirt Banter] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [Newsday] [Rangers Rants]