NHL Trade Rumors: Michael Del Zotto's Agent To Meet Rangers Over Trade Efforts

Bruce Bennett

It looks like Del Zotto's days are numbered.

Darren Dreger is speculating the New York Rangers' brass and Michael Del Zotto's agent (Newport) will meet to discuss the Rangers' attempts to trade the young defenseman.

From Dreger:

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Rangers in Toronto tomorrow. Expect Del Zotto's agents (Newport) to meet with NYR's brass to discuss Rangers continued efforts to trade him.

It's not much of a secret the Rangers have been exploring potential trade targets for their embattled defenseman. So on some levels this isn't really news. However, what this does signify is a significant shift in Del Zotto being moved sooner rather than later. Or, at least, the hope both sides have that it happens.

The Rangers have explored trade options with the Toronto Maple Leafs and Ottawa Senators. Talks were apparently much more involved with Ottawa, but they didn't offer anything in return the Rangers were interested in. The Maple Leafs boast both Cody Franson and Jake Gardiner, but it appears as though those talks have cooled off as well.

So where will Del Zotto land? The Colorado Avalanche were interested, but Sather requested a top-four defenseman and talks shut down quickly.

The Del Zotto merry-go-round has finally appeared to reach a head. Any guesses as to where he might land? Your guess is as good as ours.