Rangers Vs. Penguins Preview: Rangers In Search of Third Straight Win

Al Bello

The New York Rangers will take on the Pittsburgh Penguins tonight as they look to make it three wins in a row.

After two days of some downtime, the New York Rangers will finally be back in action tonight against the rival Pittsburgh Penguins. Ryan Callahan will be making his long awaited return to the lineup, and J.T. Miller will come out of the lineup in favor of him. As far as the rest of the lineup goes, all other lines and defensive pairings will remain as they did during the last two games.

As for the Penguins, they will be without Evgeni Malkin and Kris Letang tonight as they continue to battle the injury bug as of late. Marc-Andre Fleury will be getting the start for the Penguins in net, and Henrik Lundqvist will be starting his third consecutive game for the Rangers.

VS. Pit

New York Rangers (20-19-2) vs Pittsburgh Penguins (29-12-1)
CONSOL Energy Center - Pittsburgh, PA - 7:00 PM
Television: MSG 2, ROOT, RDS | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7 |
Opponent's Blog: PensBurgh

Projected Lineup:

Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Rick Nash
Carl Hagelin - Brad Richards - Mats Zuccarello
Benoit Pouliot - Derick Brassard - Ryan Callahan
Brian Boyle - Dominic Moore - Derek Dorsett

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc StaalConor Allen
John Moore - Anton Stralman

Henrik Lundqvist
Cam Talbot

Scratches/Injuries: J.T. Miller (healthy), Justin Falk (healthy), Michael Del Zotto (healthy).