Rangers sweep Stadium Series; Ryan Callahan trade rumors

Elsa

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Playing outdoors is a great chance to celebrate hockey, make money for the league, and put on a beautiful spectacle. Not lost in all of that with the Rangers playing two games in Yankee Stadium was that four points were on the line in the Metropolitan Division. Here are your morning notes.

For the second time, the Rangers fell behind outdoors, and for the second time (while technically on the road) staged a comeback, and earned two crucial divisional points, defeating the Islanders 2-1. Some recaps. [ESPN NY] [NY Post] [Daily News] [The Record] [Newsday] [Blueshirts United]

With the franchise and Ryan Callahan far apart on contract terms, the team is at least testing the waters and exploring potential trade options. [NY Post] [ESPN NY]

The Rangers shoot (and score) on odd-man rushes: a video breakdown. [Blueshirt Banter]