Another matchup with the Islanders; Derek Dorsett progressing; Anthon Duclair still scorching

Jared Wickerham

Today's New York Rangers notes.

The Rangers practiced again Thursday in preparation for another big Metropolitan Division showdown on Friday. Plus we have some injury news, and a Rangers prospect putting up some big numbers. Here are your morning notes.

Only two days removed from a one-goal, hard fought hockey game in Yankee Stadium, the Rangers and Islanders will meet again Friday night in Madison Square Garden. [ESPN NY] [Blueshirts Blog]

Derek Dorsett is progressing in his recovery from a broken fibula, and will have an x-ray on Friday. [Rangers Rants]

Having got a taste of outdoor hockey in New York, could the NHL be targeting Citi Field next? [ESPN NY]

You've heard his name mentioned, and after the night he had on Thursday, he's making his way into morning notes, no questions asked. Anthon Duclair has taken the QMJHL by storm, and after a seven point night last night, has 82 points in 48 games. [Yahoo Sports]