Rangers Vs. Islanders Preview: So We Meet Again

Elsa

The New York Rangers will head back indoors tonight as they are set to take on the New York Islanders once again.

After topping the New York Islanders at Yankee Stadium just 48 hours ago, the New York Rangers will have a similar meeting tonight at Madison Square Garden. With a potential win tonight, the Rangers would have an eight point swing in their favor, and they'd continue to create some space in the standings. At the moment, they are four points clear of sixth place, but, they have one or two more games played than some teams. With the Rangers finally finding their groove as of late, consistency will be key heading forward for this team.

Henrik Lundqvist has returned to his normal form as of late, and with the emergence of Mats Zuccarello/Benoit Pouliot/Derick Brassard, the Rangers are on the right track moving forward. Tonight will be yet another big game, and the Islanders will likely be playing with some extra emotion following Wednesday night's loss. The Rangers will need to have a quick start from the opening faceoff, and keep it rolling for 60 minutes.

The full lineup for tonight's game can be found below.

Nyi VS.

New York Islanders (21-27-8) vs New York Rangers (29-23-3)
Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - 7:00 PM
Television: MSG, MSG PLUS 2, NHLN | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7 |
Opponent's Blog: Lighthouse Hockey

Projected Lineup:

Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Rick Nash
Carl Hagelin - Brad Richards - Ryan Callahan
Benoit Pouliot - Derick Brassard - Mats Zuccarello
Brian Boyle - Dominic Moore - Daniel Carcillo

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
John Moore - Kevin Klein

Henrik Lundqvist
Cam Talbot

Scratches/Injuries: Justin Falk (healthy), Derek Dorsett (leg).