New York Rangers News: Rangers Acquire Daniel Carcillo From Los Angeles

Tom Szczerbowski-USA TODAY Sport

The New York Rangers have acquired Daniel Carcillo from the Los Angeles Kings for a 7th-round draft selection.

According to Larry Brooks of the New York Post, the New York Rangers have acquired Daniel Carcillo from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for a seventh round draft selection in 2014. You had to figure the Rangers were going to make some sort of move over the coming weeks, but this definitely isn't one that topped the list.

Derek Dorsett went down last night with a broken fibula, and will be missing the next 4-6 weeks of action. The Rangers are obviously going to miss his presence on the fourth line, as he provided a ton of energy and was simply a tough player to play against. It was originally thought that J.T. Miller would assume the role of Dorsett until further notice, but it appears as if Glen Sather had a completely different plan.

This move completely goes against what Dorsett brought to the lineup, and it really does nothing at all to really "replace" him. As mentioned above, Dorsett was a tough player to play against, Carcillo simply isn't. He's more of a straight thug on ice, and his only role is to go out their and stir everything up. Sure, that all fine and dandy, but I'm not really sure this is the type of player the Rangers need at the moment.

They're struggling to score goals, and get some consistent offense going, and Carcillo really does nothing to add to an already ugly equation.

Maybe some of you feel differently about the move, but go ahead and let us hear your thoughts in the comments.