New York Rangers News: Conor Allen Assigned To Hartford Wolfpack

Ethan Miller

The New York Rangers have assigned defensemen Conor Allen to the Hartford Wolfpack of the American Hockey League.

According to an official team release, the New York Rangers have sent defensemen Conor Allen to the Hartford Wolfpack of the American Hockey League. While this move was pretty surprising at first glance, you have to take into account that the Rangers were currently carrying eight defensemen. Even with Michael Del Zotto and Justin Falk playing poorly as of late, at some point, someone was going to have to go. With Falk and Del Zotto subject to waivers, the only real option here was Allen going down, and it will only benefit him in the end.

He really played himself into the lineup since his recall, and in just three games he was on a completely different level compared to both Falk and Del Zotto. As AV mentioned tough, at the end of the day this is just a "numbers game" at times and unfortunately Allen was the odd-man out.

The other thing you have to remember is that Daniel Carcillo will also be joining up with the Rangers tomorrow morning, so they also needed to make a move in order to allow him on the active roster. It's sad to see Allen go because he was playing so well, but the future is definitely bright for this kid, and I can't wait to see him lock up a roster spot at some point in the near future.

How does everyone else feel about the move?