Lundqvist's Stadium Series gear; Allen re-assigend; Dorsett out, Carcillo in; Boyle's value

John E. Sokolowski-USA TODAY Spo

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Good morning folks. It was an up-and-down, two-game weekend for the Rangers. I'll get to the notes after the weekend wrap-up stuff. Here's what happened the past few days.

Three Stars of the Weekend

Number three: Mats Zuccarello Really one of the only player to show up Friday night against the Penguins, Zuccarello was in on all the offense with a goal and an assist. On Saturday, he was only one of three Rangers' skaters not to record a point.

Number two: Carl Hagelin In the Toronto rout, Hagelin had a goal and an assist, while recording a team-high five shots on goal.

Number one: Dominic Moore Not known for his offense, Moore tallied twice against Toronto, his first multi-goal game since March 29, 2011.

What you missed

Chris Kreider and Dion Phaneuf have been going at it the past few games the Rangers and Leafs have matched up. The best payback from Kreider's perspective? How about a highlight reel goal.

The Rangers weekend games were a tale of two teams. On Saturday night in Toronto, the Rangers exploded for seven goals, a total it usually takes them about three games to reach. Some recaps from the game against the Maple Leafs. [Blueshirt Banter] [The Record] [NY Post] [Daily News] [Newsday]

Paul Lucas (@UniWatch) gave us a potential glimpse at Henrik Ludnqvist's Stadium Series pads. While the equipment hasn't been officially confirmed, it would make sense, following the release of Lundqvist's mask.

With eight defensemen at the NHL level, the Rangers sent rookie Conor Allen back down to Hartford. [Blueshirt Banter] [Rangers Rants] Allen played well during his brief professional stint, and with the Rangers rumored to be shopping a defenseman, it might not be long before he's back in the NHL.

Looking to add some toughness, the Rangers acquired former Flyer Dan Carcillo from the Kings. [Blueshirt Banter] [Blueshirts Blog] [NY Post] [Rangers Rants] [ESPN NY] [Newsday]

He may not be putting up big offensive numbers, but Brian Boyle's contributions as a top penalty killer make him invaluable. [Daily News]

It's a question that's been asked of him for the past few months: Can Lundqvist return to form? [ESPN NY]

Amid an inconsistent first half of the season, Zuccarello has been a productive, pleasant surprise. [Newsday]

Things went south quickly for the Rangers against the Penguins, as they dropped a lopsided loss against their division rivals. [Blueshirt Banter] [The Record] [NY Post] [Daily News] [Newsday]

Not only did the Rangers drop Friday night's game in Pittsbrugh, but they also lost Derek Dorsett long-term to an injury. [Blueshirt Banter] [ESPN NY]

Now with the Penguins, Taylor Pyatt is excited to get a fresh start in Pittsburgh. [Rangers Rants]